Getting Started with HackRF and SDR (Software Defined Radio)

The main area I was appointed to, at the beginning of my internship at SCoRe lab, was digital signal processing(DSP) Software Defined Radio is software made to provide work carried out by hardware, it is a budding topic at SCoRe lab. I was introduced to GNURadio[2], an open source Software Defined Radio tool used worldwide for Digital Signal Processing work, and to HackRF, the best device I've come across during my university life. GNURadio consists of blocks, which can be used to create a graph called a “flow graph”. '​HackRF One' from Great Scott Gadgets is a SDR peripheral capable of transmission or reception of radio signals from 1MHz to 6 GHz.

I was also suggested a book, The Scientist's and Engineer's guide to DSP, which was my
companion throughout the internship. I got to explore the area of signal processing, which was the best experience I earned from the internship. I was able to carry out the experiments and started writing this blog from the knowledge I gained by them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sniffing GSM traffic with hackRF

Save recorded data with hackRF to a .raw file